Nissan Repair/1998 Sentra Door Lock

Question
My friend oiled my driver's side door lock yesterday, and now the mechanism that turns off my alarm will not work.  I cannot shut off the alarm, nor will my car start!  I am dead in the water.

Answer
Hi Amy -

I believe the alarm going off is directly related to the car not starting.

I am just guessing, as obviously I cannot be there to look at it, but perhaps some oil penetrated into the lock solenoid and shorted something out. You may have to replace the lock solenoid. I am not sure how much or what kind of oil was used, that could matter. In cars with electric/remote locks you have to be careful when trying to lubricate them.

Hope this helps - Sorry I can't be of more assistance so I can have the car in front of me.

Aloha
Calvin

Nissan Repair

Calvin Iwashita