Nissan Repair/a/c

Question
My a/c compressor on my 2006 nissan maxima as soon as it comes on it shuts right back off before that it sound like birds were under the hood and it would make a screaming sound and stop what could be wrong????

Answer
Hi Nikkia -

The first thing I would check is your AC drive belt. Check for proper tension and condition of the belt itself. If it is cracked or very shiny, replace it.

When you are replacing the belt, you might also check the compressor itself. The pulley where the belt goes is called the clutch, and sometimes that binds. If it does not spin easily when the belt is removed, then the clutch has to be replaced as well.

Hope this helps -
aloha
Calvin

Nissan Repair

Calvin Iwashita