Nissan Repair/Nissan Pathfinder 2007 SE smoked by passenger side bonnet

Question
Just drove back home and parked the car, turned thd headlights off but engine was ON and AC was ON. Suddenly I heard a cracking noise from the car like a firecracker bursting slowly. I immediately shut off AC and the car and got everyone out of the car. Looked at the passenger side and I could see fumes coming out from the bonnet and cracking sound from same side.

Also a pinkish beige liquid started trikling down from beneath the bonnet. Don't know what it is but after some time this thing stopped but I see a lot of liquid on the floor. I am afraid of driving thd car unless I know what the issue is and it's resolution.

Answer
Rupesh -

This sounds like the vehicle had an electrical fire of some sort. Probably a wire shorted.

You will need to take it to a reputable dealer and have it fixed. (Don't drive it). I am sorry I cannot be of more assistance, I wish the car was right in front of me so I could diagnose.

There was probably a direct short that casued a small fire, and melted a coolant hose, which is probably the fluid you see leaking.

Hope this helps -
aloha
Calvin

Nissan Repair

Calvin Iwashita