Nissan Repair/Vehicle occationally won't start

Question
I have a 2003 Nissan Pathfinder LE with 95000 miles that won't start sometimes. When I turn the ignition on at times the lights on the dash board comes on and sometimes it does not. I'll open the hood touch the wiring at the battery head the light comes on and the vehicle starts. The negative and positives wires from the battery are as tight as it can be. This has been going on for a while and when it happens I do what I got to do to start it by touching and shaking the wiring around the battery head and it starts.Finally I can't predict when its going to happen. It's getting too frequent this time around. I'll appreciate your expertise. Soro Kay

Answer
Hi Soro -

This sounds like you have a poor connection at the battery terminal. I know you said the terminals are tight, but I am thinking the connection between the main wire and the terminal, not the terminal to the battery. Try checking that out.

Also while you are at it clean the battery posts and terminals where it connects to the battery. Sometimes they are tight but if it is dirty then there is no connection.

Hope this helps -
aloha
Calvin

Nissan Repair

Calvin Iwashita