Nissan Repair/Nissan Serena 03 loud squeeling noise

Question
HI

I have a Nissan Serena 03. and it makes a loud squealing noise when car is idling at traffic lights or reversing. The noise goes away when accelerating on the road, or when i shift into Park at the lights and sound doesnt happen at all if i turn the AC OFF.

I have already taken it to a mechanic and put in a new AC pump but its still making the same noise and the mechanic said the replacement pump must have been faulty so we are waiting on another one. and have had the fan-belt replaced three times already in the last 8 months.

I could really use some help

Answer
Hi Francis -

When you say AC pump, I am assuming you mean the compressor?

I would also check the alignment of the pulleys, especially the AC to the engine damper pulley. This could cause the belt to squeal as well.

How tight is the AC belt? If you tighten the belt, does the sound change?

LMK
aloha
Calvin

Nissan Repair

Calvin Iwashita