Nissan Repair/85 nissan pickup

Question
I have a 1985 nissan pickup 2wd 2.4l. I replaced the head on it along with plugs, wires, distributor cap, radiator, thermostat, oil change, all things of that sort. I couldn't get it to fire after doing all this so I repositioned the distributor it was 180 out. So I got it to start and it ran for about 5 to 8  seconds.  Then cut off. I started it again but it won't idle. It won't stay running unless throttle is pressed. I have no idea what my problem could be.

Answer
Hi Tyler -

First thing i would check is the alignment of the timing belt (or you may have a chain). Align the damper pulley at TDC, then check the alignment marks of the camshaft sprocket. If it is even one notch off, it would cause the issue you are experiencing.

Hope this helps -
aloha
Calvin

Nissan Repair

Calvin Iwashita