Nissan Repair/Nissan Sentra loss of power

Question
Hello,
I have a 2004 Nissan Sentra that recently started jerking and sputtering while in gear.  I had it towed home.  There are no SES lights or any other lights lit.  It starts and sounds fine in idle.  If placed in gear it starts to sputter and if I give it gas I start to get a knocking sound from the engine.  This knocking gets louder the more gas I give it.  It also has little to no power in drive or reverse.  I have checked the oil and water and replaced the spark plugs with no change.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Answer
Hi Jimmy -

The only 2 components that do not set off the SES light are the ignition module and the fuel pump. From what you describe it looks like the fuel pump. Replace that and you should be fine. Don't forget to replace the fuel filter also.

hope this helps -
aloha
Calvin  

Nissan Repair

Calvin Iwashita