Nissan Repair/1986.5 just dies while driving

Question
ill be drivimg down the rd then out of the blue my engine just turns off like it would if u were to turn the key off. know ive given it a full tune up ,fuel pump fuel lines fuel filters in & out of tank , ive replased both ignition coils & ignition modules, its still doing the same thing. it would be running fine then dies some times it will start back up & other times it takes a hr of sitting then it starts run great then same thing happens. can u please help it smells like its gettin a lot of fuel it has the z24i in it. oh i replaced the water temp sensor to.

Answer
Hi Martin -

When you say you have replaced the ignition modules, what are you referring to?

There is an ignition module located in the distributor that sometimes fails when the car reaches operating temperature. I am thinking this is it, especially if your check engine light is NOT on.

LMK

aloha
Calvin

Nissan Repair

Calvin Iwashita