Nissan Repair/99 Nissan 2.4L Pickup

Question
I was driving my manual 99 Nissan 2.4L Pickup the other day, when all of a sudden it just dies. I checked for spark which it has, I used starting fluid to try and start it, with no response so I'm assuming it's not a fuel issue? Im stumped here...Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Answer
Hi Logan -

If there is spark and priming the engine does not work, I would check your timing belt to see if it broke, or slipped.

The easiest way to do this is to remove the distributor cap and crank the engine. If the rotor does not move, the timing belt snapped. If the rotor is moving, then align the timing mark at TDC and ensure the rotor is pointing to the #1 cylinder tower on the cap.

Hope this helps -
aloha
Calvin

Nissan Repair

Calvin Iwashita