Nissan Repair/Heating Blower

Question
Hello Calvin,

I'm a fellow expert on this site, at the motorcycle repair.
My knowledge on car electrics is above average, but I'm stuck with this problem on my car.

I have a '04 Nissan Primera P12 and the cabin heating blower suddenly stopped working.
I've already checked fuses, blower relay and the motor itself.
When I provide voltage at it's terminals it works fine.

I wasn't able to get a wiring diagram to track the power path to the motor and all parts involved.

I apologise if this is included in A/C systems, which you mention you can not help with, but I'm out of ideas and can use any given advice.

Thank you for your time.

Season's Greetings and Best Regards,
Lazaros Ampatzidis.

Answer
Hi Lazaros -

Seasons Greetings -

There are 2 things I can think of. I am assuming you checked the high voltage fuses, which are located in the engine compartment on the driver side fender well.

There is also a Rheostat, or resistor, which is located in or near the firewall passenger side of the vehicle, or under dash interior of the car passenger side. Both locations would be attached to the ductwork for the heating/cooling system.

The other thing it could be is the switch itself, if you have not checked it, but the Rheostat would be more probable.

Hope this helps -
aloha
Calvin

Nissan Repair

Calvin Iwashita