Nissan Repair/96 nissan sentra

Question
My dash lights and running lights only work when the drivers side back window switch is engaged. I changed the fuse and it instantly blew out. What do i do?

Answer
Hi Rick -

You have a direct short in that circuit somewhere, and it looks like it is related to the window switch from what you describe.

What kind of tools do you have? You will need a voltmeter and a 12V light probe.

First off what you can do is remove the power window fuse and install the fuse for the dash lights. If the fuse does not blow, then that confirms the relation between the two, and you will have to trace wires from there using the tools I mentioned above. It could be a long painstaking process, and depending on your knowledge you may be better off taking it to a competent mechanic.

Hope this helps
aloha
Calvin

Nissan Repair

Calvin Iwashita