Nissan Repair/'98 Nissan Altima

Question
QUESTION: My car had a little miss to it so I thought it needed a tune up. I replaced the spark plugs and wires and it helped it but still has a miss. I drove the car for a while and got it back in my drive way and my daughter opened the door while the car was still running from the outside and I killed the car and now it will not start or spin over or crank at all. What do you think would cause this? Ibo

ANSWER: Hi Dan -

When it was running did you notice if the check engine light was on?

LMK
aloha
Calvin

QUESTION: Yes the check engine was on and I took it to get the code read and it would just come up as a random misfire. I've tried so many things and I just can't figure out why it's not cranking back up. The guy that I bought the car from told me that he just replaced the starter on it a few months ago so do you think that could be the problem?

Answer
Hi Dan -

That could definitely be a possibility. These are the reasons why a car will not start, judging from what you say that there is no sound when you turn the key:

Dead Battery
Bad connections to the battery including terminals
Starter inoperative
Ignition switch burned out (this is at the steering column)
Blown fusible link (near battery)

Hope this helps -
Wish I had the car here so i could look at it -

Aloha
Calvin

Nissan Repair

Calvin Iwashita