Nissan Repair/engine doesn't start.

Question
I don't know what happend but what I can say is that nissan hardbody v6 3.3 litre once mixed petrol with water then the engine finds it hard to start, I checked the injectors if they were not damaged, they are workong properly, what it does is that it just tends to start, the minutes press the accelerator pedal engine turns off. What should I check or do?

Answer
Hi

It is very much possible that the fuel tank is still contaminated with water. There are test kits out that can check the fuel for water intrusion. I would do this first.

If the amount of water in the tank is small, then you can use a product called Sea Foam. Add that to the fuel tank.

Otherwise the tank needs to be removed, drained, cleaned and re-installed, along with replacement of the fuel filter.

Hope this helps -
aloha
Calvin

Nissan Repair

Calvin Iwashita