Nissan Repair/Door lock assembly

Question
Drivers door is locked shut. We had the door card off before it locked permanently and narrowed the problem down to the pin in the latch, but as it is now shut we can't get to it. How can we open the door to get the door lock assembly replaced?

Answer
Hi Kylah -

The best way is to get a device called a slim jim to place between the window and door/ It is designed to unlock the vehicle by accessing the linkage and lock mechanism at the lock. However it takes some practice and knowledge on how to use it and where to access.

I did not get the make and model of your car so I cannot give you specifics, but sometimes there are options to get to it.

Hope this helps -
aloha
Calvin

Nissan Repair

Calvin Iwashita