Nissan Repair/1999 Quest hatch removal

Question
Hello again...

As to the afore cited 1999 Quest, it was purchased with a significant impact to the right rear. Fortunately the hatch still opens and closes. I want to try to smack out some of the larger contoured dents and possibly fix the rear wiper and light assembly.

I believe there should not be any problem taking off the mechanical connections, but there are two rubber conduits that electrical wires run though at the two top corners. When I separate the rubber from either the van body frame or the hatch I do not see any connectors I can separate the wiring with (or from). What am I missing?

Thank-you!

Answer
Hi Bruce -

The connectors are located in the panel of the hatch. Remove the plastic panel of the hatch by prying it away from the door. You will have to remove some screws, such as at the pull handle for the door.

Connectors are not near the hinge because of potential damage.

Hope this helps -
aloha
Calvin

Nissan Repair

Calvin Iwashita