Nissan Repair/Nissan Primera 1.8l 2000 model not reving upto 3000rpm.

QUESTION: Halo Proffessionals, i have a Nissan Primera 1.8L 2000 model not exceeding 3000rpm when stationary and when moving it hardly gets to 60km/h. When i try to rev it further it produces a slight knock sound. I tried fuel pump, spark plugs, air flow sensor and accelerator pedal position sensor on another vehicle of the same model and they peformed well. What could be the problem? Please help..

ANSWER: Hi Paswell -

Can you tell me if your check engine light is on?

If so, I need the display code and then I can tell you what is wrong.

QUESTION: No, the Engine checklight is OFF.

2000 Nissan Altima
2000 Nissan Altima  
Hi Paswell -

Next thing I would check is to see if the timing belt skipped. Do you know how to check alignment of the marks?

I cannot be any sensor issue as it would turn the check engine light on.

The fuel pump and the timing chain disposition are not monitored by the computer so I would pay special attention to those items

I have included a diagram for your use.

Hope this helps -

Nissan Repair

Calvin Iwashita

All general car repairs for all models of vehicles, except technicals (overhauls) on A/C systems and transmissions.

16 years as a car mechanic from 1974 to 1990, and still repair cars on the side.

High School and college graduate