Nissan Repair/2008 Nissan Pathfinder won't start

Question
QUESTION: I have a 2008 Nissan Pathfinder that won't start....all the light come on the dash except the check engine light but it do show for a few when I trying to start it in starting position tho. I hook a scanner to see can I get a diagnosis but it keep up with error that ther no connection...can  you tell me how can I check to see what wrong with my truck...

ANSWER: Hi Gwen -

The faulty starting system will usually not cause the check engine light to come on.

I will need more information -

What happens when you try to start you truck?
Does the motor spin but does not start?
Does it only click?
No noise at all?

Let me know -

aloha
Calvin

QUESTION: At first when I first tried to start the  truck a few days ago it would crank but wouldn't start. but now if I go to try to crank it, it give me a click sound now.

Answer
Hi Gwen -

Sorry for the late reply -

What happened was your battery probably ran down so now it is only clicking.

First of all the battery needs to be recharged. Then we have to find out why it does not start. because it is cranking, it is not the starter. That means it is either electrical or fuel.

Once the battery is charged, check in  the following manner:

Spray a small amount of starting fluid or some gasoline into the intake throat. close it up and try to start the engine. If it starts and shuts off right away, then the fuel pump probably needs replacing.

If it still does not start, remove a spark plug wire and insert a screwdriver into the boot until it wedges against the terminal inside. Hold the screwdriver about 1/4" away from any metal surface of the engine and have an assistant crank the engine as if to start it. There should be a spark jumping between the 2 metal surfaces.

Let me know how this goes.

aloha

Calvin

Nissan Repair

Calvin Iwashita