Nissan Repair/battery draining overnite

Question
I have a 99 Nissan maxima . I checked the amp draw on the battery with key off , no lights on and it had 6.8 amps. I pulled the battery/ign fuse next to the battery and the draw goes to 0 .  What do you recommend checking . I cannot find any hot/warm wires .

Answer
Hi Brian -

If there are no visible signs of crossed wires or faulty circuits, the only way is to remove, one fuse at a time and check the draw. The battery/ign fuse is a general one, as many components are connected to that circuit. I would start with checking the alternator, starter, and other circuits where there is power whether the ignition is on or not.

Don't forget the large circuit fuses in the engine compartment passenger side on the fender well.

Hope this helps -
aloha
Calvin

Nissan Repair

Calvin Iwashita