Nissan Repair/Water under driver floor mat

My 1999 Serena has water under the floor mat everyday. It hastnt been raining here at all so its not from rain. I checked under the dash and can't find any holes. I looked under the carpet and here is condensation when l run the AC Is there a way to prevent this?

Hi Camesha -

I am thinking this is coming from the heater core of your air conditioning system. This is located under the dash passenger side. If it has not been raining, then this is probably it, water from the radiator passes through this core even though you do not use the heater.

It could be the condensate from the AC, IF the drain is clogged. There should be a rubber hose underneath the car front side that is supposed to drain the condensate. Some times that gets clogged and water gets into the interior.

Hope this helps -

Nissan Repair

Calvin Iwashita

All general car repairs for all models of vehicles, except technicals (overhauls) on A/C systems and transmissions.

16 years as a car mechanic from 1974 to 1990, and still repair cars on the side.

High School and college graduate