Nissan Repair/01 altima brakes

QUESTION: A few days ago I noticed the brake pedal get
Spongey I replaced the front pads and when we tried to bleed them the passenger side front and driver side rear don't bleed at all. I'm stuck on what the problem is and what I need to do to fix it.

ANSWER: Hi Jon -

Try doing this, one at a time to both wheels that have trouble bleeding:

1. Have someone step on the brake and hold.
2. Open the bleed screw (do not pump the brake, just hold it down til it reaches the floor)
3. Close the bleed screw
4. Pump the brake up.
5. Repeat until no air is in the system.

Hope this helps -

QUESTION: We did that for an hour. I saw a few things that said if you go all the way to the floor it can damage the Mc. If that's the case do I just need to replace that?

Hi Jon -

Letting the pedal go down to the floor does not damage the master, unless it is damaged already.
Sometimes you have to floor it to get all the air out.

Anyway, I am not sure what the outcome of the bleeding was, are you still not getting any pressure on the 2 wheels?

If not, have you tried just bleeding the master cylinder and is there pressure in the ports?

Nissan Repair

Calvin Iwashita

All general car repairs for all models of vehicles, except technicals (overhauls) on A/C systems and transmissions.

16 years as a car mechanic from 1974 to 1990, and still repair cars on the side.

High School and college graduate