Non-Denominational/Speaking of tongues

Question
I understand speaking in tongues is not okay in Modern day, but why can I do it?

One night I was touched by the Holy Spirit. I had never spoken in tongues before. I spoke in tongues that night then translated the information. If it is wrong then why am I able to do it? How did I learn this?

Answer
Dear Luis,

I don't know that it is wrong. Who says? The Scriptures give us indication that HIS Spirit continues to gift HIS people according to HIS will. Consider;

1Co 12:10 "...and to another the effecting of miracles, and to another prophecy, and to another the distinguishing of spirits, to another various kinds of tongues, and to another the interpretation of tongues."

Folks who have decided that they know better than HIS Spirit have decided that HIS gifts and HIS empowering are done away with! Nonsense! GOD, who does not change, has not changed!

May you grow in the knowledge of THE ONE who DOES NOT CHANGE and be blessed in HIS LOVE and the gifts of HIS Spirit!

Sincerely,
Pastor Ron  

Non-Denominational

Pastor Ron