Non-Denominational/Jesus Resurrection

Hello Brother,

Since you're an expert, could you please explain why christendom churches don't believe that Jesus was made alive in the "SPIRIT" yet in "FLESH"???? please consider:

“. . .Why, even Christ died once for all time concerning sins, a righteous [person] for unrighteous ones, that he might lead YOU to God, he being put to death in the flesh, but being made alive in the spirit. . .” (1 Peter 3:18)

"The first man Adam became a living soul.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit" (1 Corinthians 15:45)

■See ?? JESUS "BECAME" a life-giving "SPIRIT" then how come HE IS NOT??? OK so for example he is made alive in the "FLESH"........So where is JESUS right now since "FLESH" and blood cannot inherit the KINGDOM OF GOD?????

“Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.” (1 Corinthians 15) (KJV)

■ hope to see this in public...

Looking forward...

Kind Regards

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for this great question.  You are correct that Jesus rose in Spirit, but He also rose in Body and proved it by having Thomas touch him... and eating with them... these are things Spirits cannot do.

Luke 24:36–43 (AV)
36 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you. 37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit. 38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts? 39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have. 40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet. 41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat? 42 And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb. 43 And he took it, and did eat before them.

You can't mistake this... Jesus was refuting that He was only risen in Spirit... He had flesh and bones...

I hope that this helps you.

I am very sorry for my late response.

In Christ
Pastor Don

Pastor Don Carpenter

I am an expert in the Bible. I can answer any question concerning beliefs that are based upon the presupposition that the Bible is the Word of God. I have been a volunteer on this site since 2003. I wish to add this category in order to help those who believe the Bible, but have not chosen a denomination.

I have been in the ministry for 25 years. During this time I served as youth pastor, assistant pastor, counselor, and Senior Pastor. Currently I serve as a Senior Pastor for an independent fundamental Baptist Church in New England. I am also a professor teaching night College at New England School of the Bible.

Evangelical Baptist Church New England School of the Bible

BS in Bible and Pastoral ministries from Baptist Bible College in Clarks Summit PA. Church Planter - 4 years Senior Pastor of Evangelical Baptist Church in Torrington CT - 10 years Professor at New England School of the Bible - 5 years Local Cable TV talk show host - 4 years.