Non-Denominational/PASTOR

Question
QUESTION: hai again Bro.

Matt 28:

8 "But YOU, do not YOU be called Rabbi, for one is YOUR teacher, whereas all YOU are brothers. 9 Moreover, do not call anyone YOUR father on earth, for one is YOUR Father, the heavenly One. 10 Neither be called ‘leaders,’ for YOUR Leader is one, the Christ"

■True Christian's don't have titles as we're all brothers. So what do you think calling yourself a "PASTOR"?

Regards
Dave

P.S. <not from the spirit of controversy>
<I just want to know why you call yourself as such>

ANSWER: Dear Dave,

Keeping in mind the current practices in Israel during the time of MESSIAH'S Words in Matthew, there were rabbinical schools aplenty. Each one held strictly to that particular rabbi/teacher's perspective. If it veered away from Torah (Instruction given in the first five books of the Scriptures), then those disciples also veered, etc. MESSIAH is warning HIS disciples to be aware and not to fall into that thought or practice...

I say this because if MESSIAH'S intentions for us were NEVER to accept ANY title, calling identification, ministry, etc., then the Apostle Paul was not aware of it. Consider;

Eph 4:11-12 "And He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers, 12  for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of MESSIAH..."

At best, I am "an unprofitable servant..."(Luke 17:10) Simply committed to doing HIS will and asking HIM to "cause me to walk in HIS ways."

As the Apostle Peter, I consider myself an elder in the Body of MESSIAH, with the specific ministry of shepherding and teaching HIS Body HIS Word HIS way... Consider;

1Pe 5:1-4  Therefore, I exhort the elders among you, as your fellow elder and witness of the sufferings of Christ, and a partaker also of the glory that is to be revealed, 2  shepherd the flock of God among you, exercising oversight not under compulsion, but voluntarily, according to the will of God; and not for sordid gain, but with eagerness; 3  nor yet as lording it over those allotted to your charge, but proving to be examples to the flock. 4  And when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the unfading crown of glory."

I have encountered "career professionals" going through the motions, approaching ministry as more of their "job", biding their time as they strive to climb some kind of a corporate ladder. May HE be merciful to them on that day... I choose not to participate in any of that.

I desire not that when I see HIM face to face, to hear HIM say, "Way to go Pastor Ron! You have a mega ministry!"
I only desire to hear HIM say, "Well done, good and faithful servant, enter into the joy of your LORD!"(Matthew 25:21)

I learned along time ago that a title does not make the man... MESSIAH makes the man! But only if the man remains soft clay in THE MASTER'S Hands!

May we both be men in whom HIS SPIRIT indwells as HE gifts us to accomplish HIS work!

Sincerely,
Pastor Ron

QUESTION: Thank you for the quick response Bro.

Anyways,when reading all of that verses you cited above.... I can't find something that says "christian elders" were oblige to have a TITLE for their own(or as a description) :-)  But compare:

Matt 28:

YOU:

"I say this because if MESSIAH'S intentions for us were NEVER to accept ANY title, calling identification, ministry, etc., then the Apostle Paul was not aware of it. Consider;

■■:-) These are not TITLES these are JOBS these are QUALIFICATIONS.Nobody in the Bible said: "Now we're going to hear a talk from evangelizer Samuel" or "Shepherd David is now going to teach us" :-)

The same is true today with qualifications like ELDERS. We see this in Timothy

1 Tim 3

"That statement is faithful.
If any man is reaching out for an office of overseer, he is desirous of a fine work. 2 The overseer should therefore be irreprehensible, a husband of one wife, moderate in habits, sound in mind, orderly, hospitable, qualified to teach, 3 not a drunken brawler, not a smiter, but reasonable, not belligerent, not a lover of money, 4 a man presiding over his own household in a fine manner, having children in subjection with all seriousness; 5 (if indeed any man does not know how to preside over his own household, how will he take care of God’s congregation?) 6 not a newly converted man, for fear that he might get puffed up [with pride] and fall into the judgment passed upon the Devil. 7 Moreover, he should also have a fine testimony from people on the outside, in order that he might not fall into reproach and a snare of the Devil"

So these are not TITLES. This is a QUALIFICATIONS. I repeat... as QUALIFICATIONS. In fact, I have not yet met and read a single name from an elder person in church(from his I.D. or etc.) which can be read like this: (Eldr. James Smith as an abbr. of [Elder] James Smith) or (Shprd. Kenny Nacilla as an abbr. of [Shepherd] Kenny Nacilla) :-)

No one goes around saying "excuse me elder Smith" or "can I have a word Shepherd Stephenson?" :-) they're supposed to be called "Brother Smith" and "Brother Stephenson" as JESUS told us right???? for we are all BROTHERS!!!

Matt 28:

8 "But YOU, do not YOU be called Rabbi, for one is YOUR teacher, whereas all YOU are brothers.

read it again....................

■■So if all believers are the same then all should be called "PASTORS" as you are...

for if NOT... then you are creating a class distinction between you and your member in your church which is "UNSCRIPTURAL"

(James 2:4) 4 YOU have class distinctions among yourselves and YOU have become judges rendering wicked decisions, is that not so?

Always continue to keep an open mind Brother!

Sincerely,
Brother Dave

Answer
Dear Dave,
Are you asking questions? Or are you more interested in using this forum to espouse your own ideas?

Why would you accuse someone that you have never met of "creating a class distinction" when all I did was quote what Paul states in Ephesians? HE is the one who used the term "pastors". I simply know that I am called to serve in that capacity. It is not a career move for me, nor do I consider serving in that biblical position as something MESSIAH would be offended by. I am well aware of Nicolaitanism and am not comparing a called, anointed and gifted pastoral ministry with any of that!

I answered your questions in earnest. I haven't given my opinion, only Scripture references. I would encourage you to receive your own counsel and "keep an open mind." I will defer your continued to questions to the "pool" for another's attempt to answer you from this point on.

Sincerely,
Pastor Ron

Non-Denominational

Pastor Ron