Do you believe in signs today? I have read the bible and seen supernatural signs such as the transfiguration, and non supernatural signs such as when Abrahams servant sought a wife for Abrahams son.

Lately when I am praying I ask God for something big. And when I feel down, or discouraged I will read a comment or post saying, God is listening, or Don't give up miracles happen.

I sometimes would find videos about how prayers work even over impossible thing even marriage restoration.
I am not married but seek to be.

I also met a man who claimed his hand was healed through prayer, he has a scar from a press crushing his hand.

In the past I have prayed for big things such as having my ulcer healed, I was introduced to a cure but never used it. But my symptoms were very minor compared to some people, and today they are almost non existent

I prayed to date and now know I could have if I had, had more courage.

I prayed to lose weight, and lost 80 pounds.

I prayed to move to L.A. And met a man from there who was an expert in the field I wanted to study.

All my failures have been due to lack of action,

All the prayers have had results in different ways, some took years. Am I seeing signs from God? Are posts signs? Are people talking to me or sitting next to me and putting on videos about marriage restoration signs?

A lot of people who are religious think I'm nieve or fishing for signs. Others think that me seeking a relationship with my friend has sinful connotations.

Any advice will be helpful,

Dear Raul,

Absolutely. Signs are still for today! However, there will also be "lying" signs as well. Consider;

Just a few to get you thinking about the difference between those that of YHWH and those that are imitations by the enemy of our soul!

Exo 7:11  But Pharaoh also called the wise men and the practisers of witchcraft. And they, the magicians of Mitsrayim, also did so with their magic.
Exo 7:12  And they, each one, threw down his rod, and they became serpents. But the rod of Aharon swallowed up their rods.

Messiah states that we need to be watching closely and measuring everything by HIS WORD to know the true from the false!

Mat_24:24  “For false messiahs and false prophets shall arise, and they shall show great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the chosen ones.  

Act 16:16  And it came to be, as we went to prayer, that a certain slave girl possessed with a spirit of Puthon, did meet us, who brought her masters much profit by foretelling.
Act 16:17  Having followed Sha’ul and us, she cried out, saying, “These men are the servants of the Most High Elohim, who proclaim to us the way of deliverance.”
Act 16:18  And she was doing this for many days. But Sha’ul, greatly annoyed, turned and said to the spirit, “I command you in the Name of יהושע Messiah to come out of her.” And it came out that same hour.

Rev 16:13  And I saw coming out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet, three unclean spirits, as frogs,
Rev 16:14  for they are spirits of demons, doing signs, which go out to the sovereigns of the entire world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of יהוה the Almighty.

Rev 19:20  And the beast was seized, and with him the false prophet who worked signs in his presence, by which he led astray those who received the mark of the beast and those who worshipped his image. The two were thrown alive into the lake of fire burning with sulphur.

Messiah also stated that there would be those who HE would empower to accomplish things SUPERnaturally to honor HIM!

Mar 16:17  “And these signs shall accompany the ones who believe: In My Name they shall cast out demons, they shall speak with renewed tongues,
Mar 16:18  they shall take up snakes, and if they drink any deadly drink it shall by no means hurt them, they shall lay hands on the sick and they shall get well.”

I can also tell you that when I was involved in the occult that the enemy would do signs trying to keep me from completely committing my life to the TRUE LIFE GIVER! Coincidences such as you described in your question can get you to focus on them more than on THE ONE who died for us!

The bottom line in judging these things is to ask yourself; "Who does this sign or whatever it is get me to focus on?" "Does it cause me to be more in love with Messiah and HIS WORD?" Or "Does it get me to focus more on the supernatural?"

Consider this also;
Mat 7:15  “But beware of the false prophets,1 who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are savage wolves. Footnote: 1See v. 23
Mat 7:16  “By their fruits you shall know them. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes or figs from thistles?
Mat 7:17  “So every good tree yields good fruit, but a rotten tree yields wicked fruit.
Mat 7:18  “A good tree is unable to yield wicked fruit, and a rotten tree to yield good fruit.
Mat 7:19  “Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
Mat 7:20  “So then, by their fruits you shall know them –

HE calls us to discern these spirits and to be able to know them by what they or their deceptive supernatural signs produce...

Praying that HIS SPIRIT of TRUTH will guide you into all TRUTH as you let HIM do so!

Pastor Ron  

Pastor Ron

I feel comfortable answering questions regarding those practices of Christianity that are not in line with the Holy Scriptures. I believe that I can answer questions about the Law of GOD and it's application for professing believers in JESUS today. I can help folks understand what GOD'S Word says on a variety of subjects like; Personal Discipleship, Holy Spirit, Marriage & Family, Holiness, Grace, Demonology, Prophecy, the Last Days, etc. I may not know all of the answers, but I know someone who does!

I have been a Christian since 1977 and a pastor since 1988 in a Non-Denominational church setting. Prior to that I came out of a drug / alcohol background and have been able to use that experience as well as a daily study of GOD'S Word to sort out my own life and hopefully to help others do the same. I have studied Christianity extensively and major in it's biblical and non-biblical perspectives on life. I have studied the traditions of Evangelicalism and am able to offer answers to those seeking answers on more of a biblical approach in their life.

I have a Bachelor's Degree in Biblical Studies. I have taught both Old Testament and New Testament studies in two Bible Colleges: Logos Bible College and Calvary Chapel Bible College. I have been teaching the Bible in home bible studies, weekly church services, college courses and through radio broadcasts for 25 years.