Non-Denominational/Christianity v. Hinduism

I grew up Southern Baptist in Missouri and transitioned to Non-Denominational and now live in California. I've been questioning the existence of Jesus Christ for the past three years but when I do my heart sinks, I want to believe in Christ but I feel foolish as an adult to believe without proof. I do believe in God, however, 100%; I believe creation is enough proof for me to believe in God. I've been getting a little confused lately because I've been going to hypnotism. The hypnotist has not suggested I believe in hinduism or anything of that sort, in fact, the first session she asked me what my beliefs were so that if we encounter them during hypnotism she could go along with my beliefs. I've been dealing with things from childhood during our sessions and when I met my "higher self" it was me but dressed as a hindu goddess, then when I met another part of myself, my purity, it was vishnu but dressed in white. I didn't ask for these types of visions, in fact I thought my spirit guide or my higher self would be my Dad because he just recently passed.

So my question is this: Do you think deities can take other forms? Like can Christ be Vishnu or Buddha? I've thought for a long time that if religions are true, if all of these messengers of God are real, then do you think these messengers were all parts of God and are only different to suit the needs of the people of the day? Your thoughts?

Hi Ketura

Thank you for this great question.

I do think that there is a kind of spiritual masquerade going on... but not Jesus taking the form of other false gods... it is the forces of darkness seeking to distract you from believing in the one truth, Jesus Christ.

2 Corinthians 11:1315 (AV)
13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. 14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. 15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

The Bible is clear that there is no salvation apart from Jesus.

Acts 4:1012 (AV)
10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole. 11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner. 12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

As to the existence of Jesus... it is a well documented fact even outside the Bible... read Josephus, a Jewish historian at the time... he will tell you about Jesus. Do not allow the forces of darkness to deceive you away from what you already know to be true.

I hope that this helps you.

In Christ
Pastor Don

Pastor Don Carpenter

I am an expert in the Bible. I can answer any question concerning beliefs that are based upon the presupposition that the Bible is the Word of God. I have been a volunteer on this site since 2003. I wish to add this category in order to help those who believe the Bible, but have not chosen a denomination.

I have been in the ministry for 25 years. During this time I served as youth pastor, assistant pastor, counselor, and Senior Pastor. Currently I serve as a Senior Pastor for an independent fundamental Baptist Church in New England. I am also a professor teaching night College at New England School of the Bible.

Evangelical Baptist Church New England School of the Bible

BS in Bible and Pastoral ministries from Baptist Bible College in Clarks Summit PA. Church Planter - 4 years Senior Pastor of Evangelical Baptist Church in Torrington CT - 10 years Professor at New England School of the Bible - 5 years Local Cable TV talk show host - 4 years.