Non-Denominational/Work life vs Personal beliefs

I guess I have two questions really:

I went to a Baptist church when I was younger. The only reason I stopped attending that church is because I moved. As an adult, I consider myself a nondenominational Christian. My husband and I study the bible together daily but find attending church difficult because of our unconventional schedules. My first question, is do you have any advice on ways we may better be able to better connect and have fellowship with other Christians?

At work, I deal with the public and encounter people from all over the world. Most of the clients are very kind, however, I have also dealt with my fair share of clients who behave questionably, rudely, or even threateningly. I deal with everyone in as professional a manner as possible but, for safety reasons, keep my personal and professional lives as separate as possible. My  social media pages do not list my place of employment nor do I make references to my work on them. Likewise, at work, most non work-related inquiries are met with some variation of "I'm sorry but I choose not to give out personal information." Recently, I had a client ask if I was a Christian and I instantly responded with my standard line. Later, I began to wonder if my refusal to answer the question was wrong.

In my personal life, I am openly Christian and have had many wonderful discussions regarding the Bible and Christianity, I even helped the man who would later become my husband renounce Paganism and turn to God. But that is in my personal life. On one hand, I feel it was inappropriate for a client to ask about such a thing. However, I worry that in my refusal to answer I may have, for lack of a better phrase, "let God down". I'm not perfect by any means and I constantly pray and try to improve, however, this incident has particularly troubled me.

As I contemplate this, mind keeps reminding me of Peter's denial of Jesus, Paul's faith and evangelism despite repeated beatings and imprisonments, and Hebrews 13:2. Have I missed an opportunity or turned my back by refusing to answer the client's inquiry?

Dear Andrea,

I am blessed to hear that you have the conviction to fellowship with other believers as the Scriptures command;

Heb 10:23-25  "Let us hold fast the confession of our expectation without yielding, for He who promised is trustworthy. And let us be concerned for one another in order to stir up love and good works, not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging, and so much more as you see the Day coming near."

Not knowing the details of your schedules, it is hard for me to suggest alternatives... I would NOT recommend the usual SUNday attendance however... With that go the many trappings of modern and un-biblical traditionalism... It will get worse as the Day comes even nearer...

I am also blessed by your conviction to be a light in this dark place!Consider;

Mat 5:14-17  “You are the light of the world. It is impossible for a city to be hidden on a mountain. “Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it shines to all those in the house. “Let your light so shine before men, so that they see your good works and praise your Father who is in the heavens. “Do not think that I came to destroy the Torah or the Prophets.1 I did not come to destroy but to complete."

Today's traditional Christianity interprets MESSIAH'S Words to mean that HE did away with HIS Law (Torah) and that they (tradition minded Christians) can now live in opposition to HIS Law (by calling it "grace"). Not only do they misinterpret the true definition of the Greek word "charis"/grace, but they incorporate numerous un-biblical practices into their worship!

Back to the text, the context of MESSIAH'S Words dictate that HIS LAW will NOT be done away with until, as HE describes it;

Mat 5:18  “For truly, I say to you, till the heaven and the earth pass away, one jot or one tittle shall by no means pass from the Torah till all be done."

And unless I'm mistaken, heaven and earth are still here! And will not be done away with until as described in the future! Consider;

Rev 21:1  "And I saw a renewed heaven and a renewed earth, for the former heaven and the former earth had passed away, and the sea is no more."

Just as MESSIAH came to HIS own, but HIS own knew HIM not, we too are to be faithful in sharing the Truth of HIS WORD among professing christendom, exposing it's non-Biblical traditions!

I don't know that your reluctance to share your beliefs in an effort to try and separate your private life from your personal life is a "denial". But HIS SPIRIT is working with you for sure!

Let me encourage you to research on your own (your husband included) the origins of the the acceptable practices of today's traditional Christianity. Start with the Biblical Sabbath. Does GOD (HIS NAME is YAHWEH) ever say in the Scriptures to change it to SUNday? Research who boasts of changing it in 323AD... Research Christmas. See if you can find any of today's practices and observances (the tree, the decorations, the presents, the yule, the day, etc.) in the Scriptures! Move on to Valentine's Day. Move on to Easter (the name especially). There is tons of information on these and ALL of the so-called Christian Holi-days...

When you research these, you will begin to see what MESSIAH'S real mission for HIS people really is! You will see the extent of "darkness" and the constant efforts of those forces to try and DE-emphasize HIS Days, calling them "Jewish", when in fact THE CREATOR refers to them as HIS DAYS! Consider;

Lev 23:1  The LORD spoke again to Moses, saying, Lev 23:2  "Speak to the sons of Israel and say to them, 'The LORD'S appointed times which you shall proclaim as holy convocations--My appointed times are these..."

And we must remember, HE DOES NOT CHANGE! Consider;

Mal_3:6  "For I, the LORD, do not change; therefore you, O sons of Jacob, are not consumed.

So... May you be diligent in your research! May you be blessed in your findings! May HIS LIGHT shine IN you and THROUGH you! May you walk in HIS peace as you allow HIM to shape you and mold you into one who will hear from HIM, "Well done..."

Pastor Ron  

Pastor Ron

I feel comfortable answering questions regarding those practices of Christianity that are not in line with the Holy Scriptures. I believe that I can answer questions about the Law of GOD and it's application for professing believers in JESUS today. I can help folks understand what GOD'S Word says on a variety of subjects like; Personal Discipleship, Holy Spirit, Marriage & Family, Holiness, Grace, Demonology, Prophecy, the Last Days, etc. I may not know all of the answers, but I know someone who does!

I have been a Christian since 1977 and a pastor since 1988 in a Non-Denominational church setting. Prior to that I came out of a drug / alcohol background and have been able to use that experience as well as a daily study of GOD'S Word to sort out my own life and hopefully to help others do the same. I have studied Christianity extensively and major in it's biblical and non-biblical perspectives on life. I have studied the traditions of Evangelicalism and am able to offer answers to those seeking answers on more of a biblical approach in their life.

I have a Bachelor's Degree in Biblical Studies. I have taught both Old Testament and New Testament studies in two Bible Colleges: Logos Bible College and Calvary Chapel Bible College. I have been teaching the Bible in home bible studies, weekly church services, college courses and through radio broadcasts for 25 years.