Non-Denominational/Combat Vietnam Veteran, saved, but thinks he is going to hell for combat acts

Gary Cummings, M.Div wrote at 2013-10-09 11:16:10
In my opinion, since I believe it is a sin to take a human life even in war, I do believe that any sin is forgivable except unbelief in Jesus Christ. Paul was involved secondarily in the stoning of Steven, and was forgiven. Many Roman solders in the first 3 centuries of the Christian left the Roman army or were martyred for trying to leave. So to sum it up, if we repent of our sins (any sins) and ask the forgiveness of Christ through His shed blood, we will be forgiven.

Thanks, Gary Cummings, M.Div., Vietnam Era Vet, HM2, USN

Pastor Don Carpenter

I am an expert in the Bible. I can answer any question concerning beliefs that are based upon the presupposition that the Bible is the Word of God. I have been a volunteer on this site since 2003. I wish to add this category in order to help those who believe the Bible, but have not chosen a denomination.

I have been in the ministry for 25 years. During this time I served as youth pastor, assistant pastor, counselor, and Senior Pastor. Currently I serve as a Senior Pastor for an independent fundamental Baptist Church in New England. I am also a professor teaching night College at New England School of the Bible.

Evangelical Baptist Church New England School of the Bible

BS in Bible and Pastoral ministries from Baptist Bible College in Clarks Summit PA. Church Planter - 4 years Senior Pastor of Evangelical Baptist Church in Torrington CT - 10 years Professor at New England School of the Bible - 5 years Local Cable TV talk show host - 4 years.