did Jesus ever commit sin? if yes, when did it happen?

Hi Joe,

Thank you for this great question.  I am so sorry for this very late response.

Jesus never sinned.  He was born perfect, and remained sinless.  If not, He could not have been a proper sacrifice for our sins.

“For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.” (Hebrews 4:15, AV)

“For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:” (1 Peter 2:21–22, AV)

“And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.” (1 John 3:5, AV)

I hope that this helps you.

In CHrist
Pastor Don

Pastor Don Carpenter

I am an expert in the Bible. I can answer any question concerning beliefs that are based upon the presupposition that the Bible is the Word of God. I have been a volunteer on this site since 2003. I wish to add this category in order to help those who believe the Bible, but have not chosen a denomination.

I have been in the ministry for 25 years. During this time I served as youth pastor, assistant pastor, counselor, and Senior Pastor. Currently I serve as a Senior Pastor for an independent fundamental Baptist Church in New England. I am also a professor teaching night College at New England School of the Bible.

Evangelical Baptist Church New England School of the Bible

BS in Bible and Pastoral ministries from Baptist Bible College in Clarks Summit PA. Church Planter - 4 years Senior Pastor of Evangelical Baptist Church in Torrington CT - 10 years Professor at New England School of the Bible - 5 years Local Cable TV talk show host - 4 years.