Nonprofit Law/Dance Team Booster Funds

Question
Our Dance Studio has a boosters for dancers that are on the competition team. Not all dancers on the team are part of the boosters.  They do a lot of different types of Fundraisers for individual sales( cookie dough, candles, pizza etc.) These profits are put directly into the dancers booster account. We also do Large fundraisers such as Restaurant donations on sales, concession stand sales profit, sponsorship, raffles, etc. On the large fundraisers the profit is currently only being credited to the individual accounts of only the dancers and families that are booster members, instead of all members of the dance team. Don't those funds have to benefit every member of the dance team and not just specific members?

Answer
Those funds have to benefit every member of the dance team and not just specific members if the boosters organization is a 501(c)(3) organization. My summary of IRS regulations relating to 501c3 booster organizations is at:
http://goo.gl/RO1ez and you may be interested to read that for more details and let me know if you have any follow-up

Harvey Mechanic, Attorney at Law -
Harvey108@hotmail.com

P.S. This response is intended to be a general statement of law, should not be relied upon as legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship.  

Nonprofit Law

Harvey Mechanic