Nonprofit Law/GYM BOOSTER CLUB

Question
I want to find out if I have basis to have the recent booster club at my daughter's gym investigated or could file a complaint.  We had a booster club started at beginning of season where we were all required to pay $80 membership fee in order to get club started.  We had several fundraisers and then were told that the money was used to pay for sled check on coaches and certification and re-certification on the coaches as well as USAG fees for the coaches.  The owner of the gym and head coach was the president of the Booster club and said that she had to be because she was in charge of setting it up.  We have not seen any reports on the account.  Recently we were informed we were already in the negative and really needed to pickup fundraising.  Well so many parents were fussing about it that the coach/owner decided to cancel booster club and go to individual accounts for everyone and we would all start at a $0 balance since the money was gone anyway.  One parent asked about the $80 that was put in to start the account and we were told that was being used to pay the accountant for setting up the booster club.  Everything just seems really weird and I'm not sure if I can do anything since she called quits to the booster club.  In fact, I'm doubting she ever opened one but not sure how to proceed.  Please help with some direction.

Answer
I have in my profile that this free forum is only for general questions relating to IRS federal exemption issues of 501(c)(3) organizations. It appears that there was no such club.  If you have a contract matter of dispute you can take that to small claims court.

Harvey Mechanic, Attorney at Law -
Harvey108@hotmail.com

P.S. This response is intended to be a general statement of law, should not be relied upon as legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship.  

Nonprofit Law

Harvey Mechanic