Nonprofit Law/990 not filed?

Question
In doing research on booster clubs, I checked out the IRS website that lets you check on a non profit.  I did just that on my son's high school baseball booster club.  The last tax year that the club had filed was 2009.  

Is there ever a reason why they should not have filed?  Since their fiscal year ends at the end of May, and there is no record of them filing for 3 years now, are they in jeopardy of losing their 501c3 status?  It has not been revoked yet per the IRS website.  They have been active during these years.

Answer
Links to Form 990/990-EZ/990-N are  available at
http://goo.gl/ivlRv
and http://goo.gl/7fmtq explain s which 990 series return to file. After 3 years of non-filing in a row, the IRS could revoke exemption.

Harvey Mechanic, Attorney at Law -
Harvey108@hotmail.com

P.S. This response is intended to be a general statement of law, should not be relied upon as legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship.  

Nonprofit Law

Harvey Mechanic