Nonprofit Law/gymnast sponsor-transfer?

Question
My daughter is a gymnast who was sponsored by a business, a $1000 sponsorship. She has since decided that her training would be better suited at another gym (we haven't found one yet and are still "gym shopping"). My question is, when we find a new gym, does the current gym have to transfer those funds to the new gym? There is not anything in any contract stating either way....her current gym is new at the sponsorships and doesn't have most of these rules in place as of yet. Since this sponsorship was given to my daughter & stated on a sponsorship form the funds were for my daughter, shouldn't she be entitled to these funds regardless of where she trains?

Answer
I would like to know whether the gym is a for-profit or nonprofit exempt 501(c)(3) organization.  Let me know which and then I will reply further. Also did the business specify that the $1000 were to be used for your daughter's training. Was part of the $1000 already used for the training at the original gym? If you have a copy of the complete text of the sponsorship form that would make it easier for me to give you a definitive answer.

Harvey Mechanic, Attorney at Law -
Harvey108@hotmail.com

P.S. This response is intended to be a general statement of law, should not be relied upon as legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship.  

Nonprofit Law

Harvey Mechanic