You are here:

Nonprofit Law/sharing the same 501c3 form.


My sports club in registered under a organization, we pay annual registration fee to be a part of that organization. We use their 501c3 form for our non-profit volunteer fundraiser. The organization wants to volunteer at the same location but the sports venue say in order for both of us to use the same 501c3 for they have to submitt a subordination agreement, and i have to sign one too, Is there such a form, and where can i find it.

I don't know why the agreement would be a subordination agreement which is something unrelated, "If you want to refinance your first mortgage and you have other liens or mortgages on your home, you might need a subordination agreement to adjust the lien."

In any case it appears that what your organization is engaged is is contract labor and that is taxable under the regulation for employment taxes.  In 2011 the IRS revoked exemption retroactively for an organization that only engaged in contract labor in which the benefits of
the labor went to their family members.

Harvey Mechanic, Attorney at Law -

P.S. This response is intended to be a general statement of law, should not be relied upon as legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship.  

Nonprofit Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Harvey Mechanic


DO NOT GIVE ME INFORMATION THAT YOU WANT KEPT CONFIDENTIAL. I am an attorney and I volunteer time to answer general questions about U.S. Federal income tax issues of nonprofit 501(c)(3) public charities only. Those questions could be about establishing and maintaining legal requirements for such non-profit organizations in the United States, including Internal Revenue service filings and requirements. I will not be working on this free forum to answer questions about Nonprofit's possible unrelated or for-profit businesses or how to fill out forms. This forum is only for general questions about federal tax law, not as the law applies to your specific situation. If you do not make your question public then I will not be spending much of my donated time on answers that would not benefit the public. If you have other questions, please contact me at I will reply from my email. In any case, do not reveal confidential information to me until after I have contracted with you to provide personal legal services. My responses on this forum are intended to be general statements of law, should not be relied upon as legal advice, and do not create an attorney/client relationship. For me to consider your individual situation and how the law applies, I would need to gather extensive information about the situation. To search my previous answers you can do a Google search by "" without the quotes and then add your search terms before hitting enter.


I have been practicing law and especially the law of nonprofit organizations since 1990 when I was admitted to the New York Bar and I have maintained my status with the Bar since that time.


B.S. Columbia University in New York City, 1970

J.D. (Law Degree) Brooklyn Law School, 1990 -- Cum Laude.

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]