Nonprofit Law/Non profit organizations bonuses

Question
Is it legal for a non profit organization that's owned and operated by tax payers to give the employees bonuses at the end of the year from profits the organization made through out the year? Should this profit be turned back over to the tax payers?

Answer
I have in my profile that this free forum is only for general questions about IRS federal exemption issues of 501(c)(3) organizations. In any case, I do not know of any nonprofit organizations that issue stock (except in Michigan) and you wrote from Florida.  If there is no stock, there is no "ownership".  Nonprofits generally don't have owners, but they do have control by the Board of Directors (and sometimes the Board with members voting).  

I will need to know under what subsection of IRC 501(c) the organization has been established and the form (like Florida nonprofit corporation or Florida charitable trust) and then I will reply further.

Harvey Mechanic, Attorney at Law -
Harvey108@hotmail.com

P.S. This response is intended to be a general statement of law, should not be relied upon as legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship.  

Nonprofit Law

Harvey Mechanic