Nonprofit Law/Non Profit Youth Football Club running a For Profit Football Club

Question
Can the President and/or board member of a 501(c)3 Florida Fall Youth Football League run or be involved in any way with a For profit Spring Youth Football League.

And can the President of the Fall Youth Football League use the facilities/web site/fields of his Fall league to register players, advertise or play the games for the For Profit Spring Youth Football League that he is involved with.

Answer
The first answer is is "it depends upon whether there is actually an issue of personal benefit" (such as in described in your second question).

The second answer is "no". Internal Revenue Code section 501(c)(3) which is available at:
http://goo.gl/7lFll (on page 2, first column)
has, in part, that the 501(c)(3) organization must be "operated
exclusively for religious, charitable ...or educational purposes
... no part of the net earnings of which inures to the benefit of
any private shareholder or individual".

The term "private shareholder or individual" is defined in
regulations 26 C.F.R. 1.501(a)-1(c) "The words `private shareholder
or individual' in section 501 refer to persons having a personal
and private interest in the activities of the organization."
http://goo.gl/GtQpz on the right column of page 2.

Harvey Mechanic, Attorney at Law -
Harvey108@hotmail.com

P.S. This response is intended to be a general statement of law, should not be relied upon as legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship.  

Nonprofit Law

Harvey Mechanic