Nonprofit Law/refund money back to booster club from company

Question
There was a partner split between a dance company.  There were funds that were originally taken by the dance company from the booster club account using the debit card to be applied to the dancers for competition. There was a concern with the owner regarding the booster account bank account and the booster club officers closed the bank account and transferred the funds to a new bank and bank account.  The competition did not take place and the owner of the dance company agreed to refund the funds back to the booster club.  Now she says she is not able to return the funds because she can be fined if the funds are no returned in the same manner as she took them out. Is she correct or just creating a diversion? There are dancers that can not get access to the money to go towards their dances.  Help and thank you!

Answer
Were both accounts under the same EIN (Employer Identification Number, also known as the taxpayer identification number) of the booster organization? Is the booster organization a corporation?  If not, what?  Has the booster organization received has received a determination letter from the IRS that the organization is exempt under section 501(c)(3)?  After you give me that information I will reply further.

Harvey Mechanic, Attorney at Law -
Harvey108@hotmail.com

P.S. This response is intended to be a general statement of law, should not be relied upon as legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship.  

Nonprofit Law

Harvey Mechanic