You are here:

Nonprofit Law/regulation d. offering


Good day Sir. My church wans to build a new church! My church is a 501c3 corporation. We are looking to file this through a Internet company called,REGULATION RESOURCES D, the means to capitalize your vision. I called the SEC and ask them about this securities company, they told me that I need a lawyer to watch over them in the process, could you be this lawyer, if not give me a name of a law firm, our lawyer who know about 501c3's and securities offerings, to watch over my church filling. Thank You. God Bless You.

It appears that your church wants to borrow money to build a church. I would be willing to work on your matter, but I would need to spend a substantial amount of time and that would be beyond the scope of my offer of free services.  If you want to inquire about hiring me for such work, please contact me directly to the email address below.

Thank you.

Harvey Mechanic, Attorney at Law -

P.S. (Added after original reply).  I see that you have given me a very low rating for not replying to an email.  However, your rating is to be based upon questions and answers on this forum. In any case, I have in my profile that this free forum is only for general questions relating to IRS federal exemption issues of 501(c)(3) organizations.  Your question is not about exemption with the IRS but securities regulations.  

Nonprofit Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Harvey Mechanic


DO NOT GIVE ME INFORMATION THAT YOU WANT KEPT CONFIDENTIAL. I am an attorney and I volunteer time to answer general questions about U.S. Federal income tax issues of nonprofit 501(c)(3) public charities only. Those questions could be about establishing and maintaining legal requirements for such non-profit organizations in the United States, including Internal Revenue service filings and requirements. I will not be working on this free forum to answer questions about Nonprofit's possible unrelated or for-profit businesses or how to fill out forms. This forum is only for general questions about federal tax law, not as the law applies to your specific situation. If you do not make your question public then I will not be spending much of my donated time on answers that would not benefit the public. If you have other questions, please contact me at I will reply from my email. In any case, do not reveal confidential information to me until after I have contracted with you to provide personal legal services. My responses on this forum are intended to be general statements of law, should not be relied upon as legal advice, and do not create an attorney/client relationship. For me to consider your individual situation and how the law applies, I would need to gather extensive information about the situation. To search my previous answers you can do a Google search by "" without the quotes and then add your search terms before hitting enter.


I have been practicing law and especially the law of nonprofit organizations since 1990 when I was admitted to the New York Bar and I have maintained my status with the Bar since that time.


B.S. Columbia University in New York City, 1970

J.D. (Law Degree) Brooklyn Law School, 1990 -- Cum Laude.

©2017 All rights reserved.