Nonprofit Law/501(c)3 pass through payments to Booster

Question
Hello,
We have a foundation for our local high school that is a 501c3.  It was the intention when we started that the Booster groups have their donations sent through the Foundation so we would not burden the parents with a lot of fundraising.  Currently we do not have agreements in place with the Boosters and everything I am reading seems to indicate we should have a fiscal sponsorship agreement with them.  I am not able to find this situation and an agreement that would fit our needs.  Please help!  Thank you.
Pam

Answer
The contract would need to be drafted, depending upon all of the details of the arrangement.  The "boosters", of course, would need to be an entity separate from your foundation, though. I would be willing to work on your matter, but I would need to spend a substantial amount of time in drafting and that would be beyond the scope of my offer of free services.  If you want to inquire about hiring me for such work, please contact me directly to the email address below.

Note that, as part of your operation would be a booster operation, your foundation would need to comply with IRS regulations relating to booster organizations and could not, therefore, allow the boosters to violate them. My summary of IRS regulations relating to 501c3 booster organizations is at http://goo.gl/RO1ez -- you may be interested to read that.

Harvey Mechanic, Attorney at Law -
Harvey108@hotmail.com

P.S. This response is intended to be a general statement of law, should not be relied upon as legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship.  

Nonprofit Law

Harvey Mechanic