Nonprofit Law/501c3 Pending and Form 1120

Question
My organization reapplied for a 501c3 almost a year ago after having our 501c3 revoked along with 1000s of other nonprofits for not knowing to file a 990-N. Though we currently receive most of our donations through a 501c3 fiscal sponsor, we do deposit a few checks of small donations that are made out directly to our org into our organization's own bank account.  Are we required to file an 1120 now or should we assume that we'll be able to count and report those deposits retroactively as tax exempt income under our renewed 501c3 in a 990-N?

Answer
See http://goo.gl/HMfSz and if you have any follow-up, let me know, but that IRS FAQ directly answers your question.

Harvey Mechanic, Attorney at Law -
Harvey108@hotmail.com

P.S. This response is intended to be a general statement of law, should not be relied upon as legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship.  

Nonprofit Law

Harvey Mechanic