Nonprofit Law/Reporting False Salaries

Question
I work for a non-profit organization and it appears as if the company pays their employees one salary but report another salary in their reports.  As employees, we do not have access to any information regarding the grants that pay our salaries and if you question the company, they politely let you know you are jeopardizing your job.  Going to the board is not an option because it goes all the way up to the top.  In addition, we tried to go directly to the companies that fund us but they only take our concerns to the company with no actions to follow.

How can we find out our reported salary? or How can we request the state to conduct an audit on the company?

Answer
I don't understand.  Each employee receives at the end of the year a W-2 form which shows the compensation reported to the IRS. Now, if they have some publication in which they make a claim that the salaries are different, that may be fraud or mispresentation, but then there is only a problem if someone is damaged by a material misrepresentation.  Please clarify. After you give me that information I will reply further.

Complaints could go to your State's Division of Consumer Affairs as that office generally oversees charities within the state. http://www.njconsumeraffairs.gov/charity/chardir.htm

Harvey Mechanic, Attorney at Law -
Harvey108@hotmail.com

P.S. This response is intended to be a general statement of law, should not be relied upon as legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship.  

Nonprofit Law

Harvey Mechanic