Nonprofit Law/non profit elections and meetings?

Question
A non profit organization that I am a member of here in CT does not have annual meetings or elections of officers.  Should there be meetings and elections at least once a year?  If so, how does a non voting member go about making that happen?

Answer
I have in my profile that this free forum is only for general questions relating to IRS federal exemption issues of 501(c)(3) organizations. Your issue is controlled by state law and states may differ somewhat with how they would treat such issues. Even though this forum is not for such state law issues, I may be able to direct you. The Connecticut Code,  Chapter 602 relating to Nonstock
Corporations is at:
http://law.justia.com/connecticut/codes/title33/chap602.html
and, if there is no annual meeting requirement there or in the Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws, then it is not required.

Harvey Mechanic, Attorney at Law -
Harvey108@hotmail.com

P.S. This response is intended to be a general statement of law, should not be relied upon as legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship.  

Nonprofit Law

Harvey Mechanic