Nonprofit Law/501 c 3 are we compliant

Question
I belong to a cheer leading booster club that fundraises for its individual members. Is it legal to do all individual fundraising? Ex. Coin drops 10 people do a coin drop they split the money 12 ways with a share going to to each member that participated 1 share going to the booster officer that set it up and another one going to the club to pay for ins. Every other fundraiser we do gets split among the member that did it and booster club for ins and expenses.  It has come to our attention that 1) officers can not get compensated for the time it takes to set up a fundraiser be it a coin drop or cookie dough 2) most fundraising can not go to individual fundraising accounts.   How do you split fundraising up when only a few people do it?  The ultimate purpose is to benefit themselves.  The funds in the IFA go to pay for competition fees and choreography for the individual.   To me this is a blatant misuse of a 501 c 3.

Answer
My summary of IRS regulations relating to 501c3 booster organizations is at http://goo.gl/RO1ez -- you may be interested to read that. You will see details that indicate that the fundraising for the individuals participating. But I don't know where you got that officers can not be compensated a reasonable amount for their work.  If you send me the url I will reply further.

After you read my summary, if you have any follow-up, let me know.

Harvey Mechanic, Attorney at Law -
Harvey108@hotmail.com

P.S. This response is intended to be a general statement of law, should not be relied upon as legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship.  

Nonprofit Law

Harvey Mechanic