Nonprofit Law/Group Exemption

Question
Thank you for taking time to answer my question. We, my wife and I, have a tax exempt non-profit 501c3. Our corporation was granted tax exempt status with the IRS in 2006. We provide Biblical counseling for individuals for free or for a reduced rate. We have a young woman that has been through our counselor training and is currently working in Zimbabwe as a missionary using our counseling model. I would like to bring her mission outreach under our 501c3 as a subordinate organization. I currently have not applied for a Group Exemption Letter from the IRS.I have read through the IRS information about central and subordinate organizations. I can't find any specific form that the IRS requires to apply for a Group Exemption Letter.
My Question is: Is there a specific form required by the IRS to apply for the Letter and if we receive a Group Exemption Letter and set up our missionary friend as a subordinate can we still support her financially through our organization?
Thank you again for taking the time to consider my questions.

Answer
The IRS exemption organization fee page has, for the 4th item, that
the fee is $3000 for an organization to apply for the group
exemption determination so that they could then have subordinate
organizations as exempt without the subordinates filing with the
IRS.
http://goo.gl/TXwq9

If, after considering the $3000 filing fee, you are still interested, let me know and I will reply then to your specific questions.

Harvey Mechanic, Attorney at Law -
Harvey108@hotmail.com

P.S. This response is intended to be a general statement of law, should not be relied upon as legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship.  

Nonprofit Law

Harvey Mechanic