Nonprofit Law/Non-profit Employee mileage reimbursement

Question
Is a non-profit 501 (c) 3 soccer club required to reimburse employee mileage (coaches mileage for out of town travel) at the federal mileage reimbursement rate or is the oar allowed to set their own reimbursement rate?

Answer
I have in my profile that this free forum is only for general questions relating to IRS federal exemption issues of 501(c)(3) organizations. The IRS does not require any company, whether for-profit or nonprofit to reimburse employees for their mileage costs.  If the club gives more than the federal rate, though, then the extra is considered taxable compensation to the employee.
http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc514.html

You would want to check Arizona law, because some states require employers to reimburse employees for their out-of-pocket expenses.

Harvey Mechanic, Attorney at Law -
Harvey108@hotmail.com

P.S. This response is intended to be a general statement of law, should not be relied upon as legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship.  

Nonprofit Law

Harvey Mechanic