Nonprofit Law/Home bought under Nonprofit

Question
QUESTION: A relative of mine purchased a home and titled it under a nonprofit organization he established (Articles of Incorporation completed only).  He passed away last year and now I want to dissolve the nonprofit but start another nonprofit.  What happens to the house when the nonprofit is dissolved?

ANSWER: If your relative wrote the articles of incorporation to comply with IRS regulations for 501(c)(3) organization then there would be a clause like:
--- Start of Excerpt ---
 Upon the dissolution or winding up of the corporation, its
assets remaining after payment, or provision for payment, of all
debts and liabilities of this corporation shall be distributed to
a nonprofit fund, foundation or corporation which is organized and
operated exclusively for charitable purposes and which has
established its tax exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the
Internal Revenue Code.
--- End of Excerpt ---

See http://goo.gl/4w0TgU which the Alabama Nonprofit Corporation
code as of 2012 and, as for the detaiols of the procedure in dissolution go down to Article 7 "Dissolution".

Harvey Mechanic, Attorney at Law -
Harvey108@hotmail.com

P.S. This response is intended to be a general statement of law, should not be relied upon as legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship.    

QUESTION: There is no such clause and the organization and home is in Milwaukee, WI.  Can you send me the link for dissolution
In Wisconsin?  Will the property be considered a probate asset to be passed down to heirs or can I request to transfer
Property to the nonprofit that I am starting in his name?

Answer
See Chapter 181 of Wisconsin Statutes "Nonstock Corporations" which
is found at:
http://bit.ly/owJe6 and go down to start at 181.1301 as to distributions and dissolution.
http://goo.gl/9rxOMd

Assets of a nonstock corporation are not assets of an individuals estate but must be addressed by the Nonstock Corporation code. Before I could answer your question as to whether the assets (real property) could go to a new nonprofit that you are forming, I would need to read the articles of incorporation and bylaws of the dissolving corporation.
I have in my profile in my forum at http://bit.ly/NonprofitLaw the free service that I offer is only for general questions directly related to IRS exempt purpose issues of 501(c)(3) organizations.

Your issues are beyond that and I would need to spend a substantial amount of time.  If you want to hire me, send me an email directly to my email address below and I will quote you my fees.

Harvey Mechanic, Attorney at Law -
Harvey108@hotmail.com

Nonprofit Law

Harvey Mechanic