Nonprofit Law/Landowner tax benefits by leasing land to a 501(c)3

Question
I am the director of a 501(c)3 in New Mexico and we are looking at leasing a farm from a landowner that we will use for youth education purposes.  
What federal individual income tax benefits (if any) can the landowner receive for leasing his land to our organization?  The land is owned solely by an individual and has no financial encumbrances (mortgage, etc.)and he would be leasing his entire interest in the property for a period of 5 years at or below fair market value.

Answer
See IRS Publication 526 "Charitable Donations" which is available
at http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p526.pdf

especially on page 9 the IRS writes about "partial interests" under
the heading "Partial Interest in Property" which means that
donations of use are not deductible. Even if the landlord gives
space for free to use the landlord does not receive a charitable
deduction. "Example 1. You own a 10-story office build- ing and
donate rent-free use of the top floor to a charitable organization.
Since you still own the building, you have contributed a partial
interest in the property and cannot take a deduction for the
contribution."  That comes right from section 1.170A-7(a) of the
Income Tax Regulations.
http://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/26/1.170A-7

Harvey Mechanic, Attorney at Law -
Harvey108@hotmail.com

P.S.This response is intended to be a general statement of law, should not be relied upon as legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship.  

Nonprofit Law

Harvey Mechanic