Nonprofit Law/Changing by laws

Question
We are a 501 3 c charity in Texas. Our board of directors just changed the by laws. Is there any type of reporting that needs to be done to the State of Texas or the IRS.

Answer
I have in my profile that this free forum is only for general questions about IRS federal exemption issues of 501(c)(3) organizations.  The IRS exemption determination letters are standard. You can see in a sample determination letter at:
www.mcsb.us/Documents/IRS%20501c3%20Approval%200001.pdf on page three under the heading "Notify Us On These Matters"

--Start of Excerpt ---
If you change your name, address, purposes, operations or sources
of financial support, please inform our TE/GE Customer Account
Services Office at the following address: Internal Revenue Service,
P.O. Box 2508, Cincinnati, Ohio 45201. If you amend your
organizational document or by-laws, or dissolve your organization,
provide the Customer Account Services Office with a copy of the
amended documents. Please use your employer identification number
on all returns you file and in all correspondence with the Internal
Revenue Service.
--- End of Excerpt ---

Harvey Mechanic
Attorney at Law
Harvey108@hotmail.com

P.S. This response is intended to be a general statement of law, should not be relied upon as legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Nonprofit Law

Harvey Mechanic