Nonprofit Law/501c3 clubs

Question
Hello,

Can a 501c3 athletic booster club pay for a team banquet?  How about gifts for each member of the team?  Coaches' gifts?  It is very difficult to find information  telling us how we are allowed to spend our money.  

Thank you for your time.

Answer
A 501(c)(3) organization is supposed to use its funds for charitable, educational or religious activities and not for the social activities of a team or gifts to the team or coaches.

Sorry for the delay in the answer to your question.  Allexperts.com has, for the last 10 days not been sending me the questions to answer.

Harvey Mechanic, Attorney at Law -
Harvey108@hotmail.com

P.S. This response is intended to be a general statement of law, should not be relied upon as legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship.  

Nonprofit Law

Harvey Mechanic