Nonprofit Law/Non profit directors

Question
Is it possible for foreign nationals to be directors of and control the board of a non-profit (church) in the state of Florida? Further is the any requirement to have at least one US citizen on the board?

Answer
States allow Directors who are foreign nationals to control the board of not-for-profit churches.  Specifically, for Florida their nonprofit corporation law is available at http://goo.gl/kgIk6X and down on that page we find:
--- Start of Excerpt ---
617.0802 Qualifications of directors.
(1) Directors must be natural persons who are 18 years of age or older but need not be residents of this state or members of the corporation unless the articles of incorporation or bylaws so require. For a corporation organized according to the provisions of s. 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended, but not for a corporation regulated by chapter 718, chapter 719, chapter 720, chapter 721, or chapter 723 or a corporation for which membership in such corporation is required pursuant to a document recorded in the county property records, one director may be 15 years of age or older if so permitted in the articles of incorporation or bylaws or by resolution of the board of directors. The articles of incorporation or the bylaws may prescribe additional qualifications for directors.
--- End of Excerpt ---
http://goo.gl/kgIk6X

If foreign nationals are receiving compensation for their services, they would first need USCIS employment authorization.

Harvey Mechanic, Attorney at Law -
Harvey108@hotmail.com

P.S. This response is intended to be a general statement of law, should not be relied upon as legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship.  

Nonprofit Law

Harvey Mechanic