Nonprofit Law/501 (c) (3) director compensation

Question
Can a salaried employee of a non-profit also be a director?  I am the paid manager of a non-profit office and also serve as thetreasurer of the Board of Trustees.  One director feels that it is not legal for an office to be an employee. I have no other incidem=nces of ownership of the Corp.
Thanks
Bob

Answer
The Idaho Nonprofit Corporation Act is available at
http://law.justia.com/codes/idaho/2015/title-30/chapter-30 and specifically the part 6 is about the Direcotors and Officer and that is available http://law.justia.com/codes/idaho/2015/title-30/chapter-30/part-6 and there is no prohibition on a salaried employee also being a director, which is similar to the situation in the other states.  Note that you would not be able to vote on your own compensation.

Harvey Mechanic
Attorney at Law
Harvey108@hotmail.com

P.S. This response is intended to be a general statement of law, should not be relied upon as legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. For me to consider your individual situation and how the law applies, I would need to gather more information.

Nonprofit Law

Harvey Mechanic